Friday, June 17, 2011

Plans, Oh Big Plans :D

So, next weekend is when i head off for my big Japanese Academy program thing :D. If I haven't already explained what that it, it's nthis program in our state where only 100 students get into to. During the summer we go to a university in the state and stay in the dorms for 3 weeks and learn a language of our choice. For languages like spanish for german, you have to speak the language the entire time and have to be tested in order to get in. But for japanese, it's for kids who want to begin learning, so you don't have to be tested or speak it the entire time. And out of 100, i'm one of the lucky few who got in and I head off there next week.....I just feel bad for my dad, because he's the one who has to drop me off. And he can't just drop me off and leave because there's an opening ceremony he has to go to as well. So he'll be stuck there for a few hours before he can go home. My mom can't take me because on the thursday before i go, she's going up for the yearly family fourth of july trip to new york to visit our family (first we go to our great aunt's for a big family picnic and then we go to our grandparents (on our dad's side) for a few days) but this year she's skipping the grandparent part of the trip (because my dad's not going because someone has to drop me off) so she'll only be gone until the tuesday after next week (about 4 to 5 days).

But there is still a lot of shopping I have to do before I go so i have to get all of that done this weekend. YAY, big shopping day!!!! And to add to that my friend is having a big sleepover this weekend for her birthday and I haven't seen her in a long time so I'm heading to that as well. She says we'll be watching all of the lord of the ring movies and i've never seen them so that should be either really exciting or i'll be bored out of my mind :P. And to add to THAT, it's father's day so we have to go get me dad a card while we're shopping (i always pick out the card that the kids sign because i always pick out really funny cards :D). When i told my dad that he asked why i didn't do anything for mother's day (to be honest none of us did anything for mother's day, so mom was really grumpy and took it out on me :P). And i told him how mom is having me draw this picture of when i was really little for her really late mother's day present.

So i've got a big weekend this week, and i'm starting a really big program next week. So this should be fun and i'll come back with lots of fun little stories of my adventures.

So now for my picture (if i have any left):
I don't actually consider this one of my art pieces because it was done in an exercise. But when time came around for the art show i found out that some of my more important pieces had gone missing and i didn't have that many to work with, so this was thrown in. It was all done in watercolor (excluding the little people made with sharpie (and the hard to see trees on the hill)). I really like how the hill and the little people came out. I like the fairy's wings because of the blended color in them but other than that i wish i had done better on the fairy (which some people thought was a butterfly :P).

No comments:

Post a Comment