Friday, February 10, 2012

Forensics

So i went to compete at Forensics again this year. And before you get it confused, it is not like CSI, it's a speech competition. This year i decided to compete in poetry as to avoid the mishap last year (see previous posts to know what i'm talking about). I decided to do the poem The Imaginary Court by M Alice LeGrow (you can find it online if you want to read it).

So it was all fun like last year, except we played different games. We even played this one game called "Honey, I Love You," where you walk to someone and you say that and you try to get them to smile. Some of the things that people would do to try to get them to smile were ridiculous. One really tall guy tried to jump into the arms of someone who had their arms crossed and ended up falling on his face.

We went to the awards ceremony and once again i didn't place, but one of the girls that i'd befriended won first place so i was happy for her. When it ended i told her congrats. Then i turned around.........and everyone from my school was gone.....i walked outside, and saw a bus driving away....Apparently they never did any sort of attendance or anything to make sure everyone was on the bus

I was put on another bus and they switched me back to the right bus when we stopped at Arby's. But as we were walking towards the bus my tescher asked me why i wasn't on the bus. She made it sound like i had done it on purpose and it was my fault that i was left behind......Let's just say i no longer like her very much

So it's been a few weeks and now I'm getting ready for yet another competition coming up soon and tomorrow I get to babysit my cousins for the day. Love 'em to death, but eventually i'm just waiting for them to go home so i don't have to keep them from wrestling all over the furniture :P (thank god i'm getting paid)
wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment