Friday, August 3, 2012

Disappointment (It Sucks)

So my mom and I had planned to do 2 things this weekend: go to an open house at an art institute and visit an all girls college. Well, not anymore. My dad, for some reason, didn't get paid today, even thought he's been doing overtime every weekend for the past month. Since he didn't get paid my mom can't pay the bills right now and we don't even have enough money to put gas in the car. So my plans are shot.
My mom keeps saying that we will be able to visit both places, just not this weekend.......This was the only weekend we had time to visit either of those places. Because in a few weeks my 4 and 6 year old cousins are going to be staying with us and school will be starting. Once they're here and school starts there will be no way on earth to be able to go anywhere for a long time. And I wanted to visit the schools before it became time to apply because then it's too late to still be looking at schools. The art institute we can visit any weekend so it's not that big of a deal, but the girls college is only open during the week and I'll have school and my relatives and before school starts one of my mom's coworkers is going on vacation so she can't get away during then.
As you can imagine, this was really disappointing to me because I'd been planning this for a while. First I cried. Then I tried to contact the schools to cancel, but they had already closed for the night. Then I went and took a long shower with Celine Dion blasting through the radio (because I like her music). Once I dried off and got dressed I went and made some cranberry muffins. Because nothing tastes better than muffins filled with disappointment :P. And I know that it isn't the end of the world, but it still hurts and it's made it very difficult when it comes to decisions about my college future since I can't visit them.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs tightly* That is really bad on every level. I am sorry that all those bad events led to such a big dissapointment. :( It's all so unfair. It does sound liek things will be really busy but I hope your mom can can juggle things around so you can go. It sounds like somethign worth fighting for. I really hope you get into the best school, the one you want to be in.
    You are so amazing Tor. I would have pouted all day I think. But you took a shower and made muffins. You did somethign productive.

    Let me know if there is still a chance you can go visit that school. I hope you can and the art institute.
    *hugs again*

    ReplyDelete