Thursday, August 16, 2012

Skulduggery Pleasant KOTW (My Dad Reminds Me of Ron White)

The new Skulduggery Pleasant book comes out in less than two weeks and the period of harassing my mother has begun. I walked into my parent's bedroom to tell them that I was going to need more retainer cleaner soon (I've learned over the years to warn them ahead of time or else my retainer is disgusting for several days :P). I look at what they're watching and it's the spanish soap opera channel (my dad watched it so he can ad-lib what he wants the people to say (and automatically I think of that one joke by Ron White (see bottom of page for video)))
As I'm talking to them I remind them that the next Skulduggery Pleasant book is coming out soon. As I'm following my mom out of the room she says "I'll make a deal with you. If you go and put the laundry in the dryer when it's done and fold it, I'll order that book for you." I agree, of course, because I don't think my mom realizes the value of the Skulduggery Pleasant books. And if I inform her on their value then she's going to make me do more crap to earn the book :P. Now the day it gets released I'm going to chase her down until she orders it and then I'll be stalking Amazon.com and the mailman until it arrives

No comments:

Post a Comment